Thursday, April 3, 2014

Egg update.

So here are the eggs from the experiment. Very pretty colors, almost look like gelatin.

The girls say they almost feel like they are made from jello as well. The "normal" egg is finished with the process as well.
It's amazing to see how much of the coloring in the vinegar for the colored eggs have soaked up. The red coloring is no longer red but more of a medium to light pink color. I'll try and take pictures of the cups later today so you can see what they look like. Now if I could only find a way to make the Easter egg's as brilliant colored as these we'd be good!

We checked the geodes again and think we need to "tweak" the experiment a little. Good thing I made up plenty of shells for the experiment, so I only need to get some more Alum for it.