Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fun for the weekend...


We had a pretty nice weekend. The girls got to try their roller blades and are doing pretty good. of course there were a few falls, and daddy finally had to come out to show them how it's done...


Dominic got to play with his new toy as well.

Which wore him out and he had to take a nap...on Dad of course..
After dinner we lit the outside fire place and of course, what else would we do but...

S'mores!!
Sunday it was a walk in the woods...




Dominic tried out his carrier, we discovered a little place that needs repair so that's on the list before to long. More roller blading and another walk for Daddy and Dominic when we got home. We did some work in the yard which we'll do tomorrow. Of course now that we've cut down a lot of the tall grass in the "wild" section in the back the chickens seem to be pretty happy out there hunting down the bugs. The girls were happy that they got to see a snake yesterday after I scared it out of it's hiding place while cutting the grass down...




Our little flock loves to follow us around as soon as we get outside and will talk to us a lot while they do so. Someone once told me the hens are quiet...I told her she hadn't met my hen's obviously, because they didn't get the memo :)

While everyone else was enjoying some outside I did some inside stuff. I've started a list of the things I'm doing for a couple of the units as some one asked where I get all my info when I do them. So I'll post both the Ancient Egypt and the Ocean unit studies once I have everything down with pictures as we finish everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment