Friday, December 2, 2011

A couple of book reviews...

Book #1

I Wanna Iguanna By Karen Kaufman Orloff and illustrated by  David Catrow

Kaitlyn's take:

It was a funny book! I liked all the parts. I would tell other kids to read the book!

Arianna's take:

It was funny. I liked Alex! I would tell other mom's to read it to their kids!

Mom's take:

A delightful read. The story is a series of notes back and forth between Alex and his mom. Alex has a friend who is moving away and needs to find a home for his pet iguana. Alex of course wants the pet iguana and is trying to convince his mother that she should let him have it. It's a wonderful little story that even the adults can appreciate.

Book #2

The Dancing Dragon by Marcia Vaughan and illustrated by Stanley Wong Hoo Foon


Kaitlyn's take:

I like the way the book stretches out into the dragon! I liked reading about Chinese New Year!

Arianna's take:

I liked the pictures! I liked how it folds out the big dragon picture.

Mom's take:

A nice beginning into learning about Chinese New Years for the kids. They enjoyed reading about the festivities and loved the pull out pages so they could see the full length of the dragon. Well worth checking out.


No comments:

Post a Comment