Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 2...enter the dog..

Today was the second day of having our chickens in their new pen. We decided to let the dog off his line to see how he would react to the chickens. He found them VERY interesting, and ended up back on his line unless we were right around the chicken area.



 Some of the birds had a good time looking right back at him, but he'd get really excited if someone tried to flap wings so until they are in their "real" run we'll keep a good eye on him and make sure he's tied up if we aren't out there with all the animals.
Kaitlyn and Arianna found some pretty flowers today as well. It's the same stuff I've been trying to get rid of for the last 6 years. The only flower I know of that I'm allergic too.

This year, I've decided I'm no longer going to try and get rid of them as they are in an area we don't frequent much and I'll just let them get bigger and become a nice buffer to the next door neighbors yard. I do like them, they just don't like me!
Our one confirmed rooster may have a new home this weekend and I thought I'd better get a picture of him before he takes off.


Day 3 tomorrow and we'll see how everyone does. The chickens were a lot easier to catch today~ I think they are starting to look forward to going out...unfortunately they aren't so happy with the idea of going back in!! I think everyone is looking forward to their new home being finished so they can have all the room they want!

No comments:

Post a Comment