Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Strawberries, herbs and more...

Today was a fun day for the kids. We met up with some friends to do some strawberry picking! Lots of fun. Dominic enjoyed sitting out and watching us work.
Kaitlyn and Arianna dug into get things done!
Between the 3 of us we picked just under 17 pounds of strawberries... not bad for a first time! We got home, I made up a small batch of strawberries for strawberries and biscuits, I cleaned up some and froze them for later, and the rest is in the process of being made into freezer jam. Pretty productive day! As for the herb garden...
It's coming along nicely. I have a couple more plants to transplant, some homemade stakes to put together for identification purposes and I also figured out a fairly easy way to turn the area into a green house for the winter months (I think). I also discovered I need a couple of more types of herbs as well, so I'll have to see if I can find some in the next month or so. I also want to do some ginger and need to find some or order some online for planting this fall. I'll have to see what I come up with!

This week we have another (and our last of this school year) big field trip! Looking forward to it! We have some friends meeting up with us early to help give out all the tickets and get people checked in. Then we'll have some play time before our class. Afterwords it off to get a couple of things on the way  home and home for a much deserved rest!




No comments:

Post a Comment